Terms & Conditions
The Dog Walker Terms and Conditions of Business
The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between you ‘the Owner’ and The Dog Walker
1. Signature of the registration document will confirm the Owner's acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and their desire to progress with a Booking.
2. The Dog Walker will meet you and your pet to discuss your needs and requirements. This meet/greet is free of charge. If you need to reschedule for any reason, please provide 24 hours notice.
3. Dogs cared for by The Dog Walker in any capacity must be up to date with the vaccinations, worming and flea treatments. The Dog Walker reserves the right not to accept aggressive or overly boisterous dogs or decline booking requests at their sole discretion.
4. Should a member of staff or associate from The Dog Walker or any of the other pets being cared for at the time, be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease received from the Owner’s pet, the Owner shall be responsible for payment of all veterinary bills, treatment for the staff member and other costs incurred.
5. The utmost care will be given in caring for your pet(s). However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, The Dog Walker will not be held liable by the Owner for the disappearance, death of or injury of pets or animals. It is the responsibility of the Owner to ensure that their pet is microchipped and wearing an ID tag.
6. The Dog Walker has insurance which covers public liability to animals in care, custody or control and bodily injury to a third party persons arising out of their activities. However The Dog Walker and its staff and associates cannot be held responsible for any injury or fatality of a pet whilst in their care.
7. It is the responsibility of the Owner to inform their own insurers that The Dog Walker have been engaged to provide walking services, and cannot be held responsible for accidental damage caused by a staff member or any associate in the course of providing pet care.
8. The Owner undertakes to disclose information which might impact on the safety of The Dog Walker and the care of the pets including, but not limited to, behavioural or health matters, anti-social behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, destructive behaviour, excessive pulling on the lead, propensity to run away on walks or from the home/garden, incontinence, phobias or fears, excessively loud barking or whining etc.
The Owner must provide The Dog Walker with the name and contact number of someone with authority to make decisions relating to the pet(s) care in an emergency. During such an emergency, if the emergency contact is not available or their details have not been provided, the Owner hereby authorises The Dog Walker to: transport the pet(s) to a listed veterinarian or request on-site treatment from a veterinarian or transport the pet(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible. In the event of an action being undertaken the Owner agrees that The Dog Walker may use its/his/her sole discretion in choosing the best care option for the pet(s) and that the The Dog Walker cannot be held liable for any injury or death of the pet(s). The Owner is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst the pet(s) are in the care of The Dog Walker.
10. Payment and Cancellation of Walking and Home Visit Services.
Payment of any invoice is due on receipt. We do not charge for cancellations with adequate notice. However, cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full value of that service.
If you are unsure about any of the above points then please contact us prior to making a Booking.